Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Habari Za Jioni

Short post today because nothing much really happened. I had to leave for the school at 2:30 and so spent the morning pottering around, reading my book and putting pictures on the blog.

Jeffery and Jay were waiting for one of dad and Jeffreys clients who was coming from Dar so I had lunch by myself, before leaving for school on the bike.

I got to school and noticed the kids sitting around waiting for the class to begin - which was a good sign. I ran a short lesson about habitat destruction, with a game to start which resembled musical chairs. There were pieces of paper on the floor - chairs but instead of sitting on them the kids would pick them up. After an initial two rounds of politeness, the children realy got stuck in, and lept down to grab the paper before they were all gone.

The lesson was short in order for me to have enough time to make a banner with the children. The banner was intended to make the idea of a club for 'wildlife watch' more physical, rather than just a concept. The kids voted on calling their club Environment Researchers - which I'm told has more of ring to it in Swahili. Thomas then drew out the letters and the kids colored them in, and surrounded the paper with pictures of sea turtles, fish and trees.

In the end that wasn't too short for a post. Good!

Hudson

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Hudson! hope you're doing well and having fun. Any cricket there? Love Uncle C and Debbie