Thursday, July 24, 2008

Last Day at School

Habari

I spent the morning preparing for my final final lesson with the kids in Mbutu Primary. It was the Baobab lesson and I had to find some containers for mixing paint. I managed to get some things together , including a shell.

Again, I left at 2:30 and went on my final bike ride to the village. Again I was met by Thomas and we started the lesson immediately. Lots of the kids had brought their notebooks and I could see that they had an array of pictures in them.

We began the lesson and shared some stories about the Baobab. The kids didn't know that butterflies came from caterpillars. So I was able to enlighten them in this respect. After the learning part of the lesson we painted a huge banner of the Baobab which we will hang up on Monday.

Hudson

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Perhaps later you will describe how you managed to describe, or show the metamorphosis process! We can't wait to see you. Ben Weibel has lots of bugs to show you.
X Mum